REFORMA Colorado supports active recruitment of bilingual and bicultural library staff to meet the information needs of the Latino and Spanish-speaking community. The REFORMA Colorado Scholarship provides financial assistance to encourage and enable Latino/a/x/, Hispanic, or Chicano/a identifying individuals to pursue or advance a career in Library and Information Science. REFORMA Colorado has established a scholarship to be awarded annually for the academic year, commencing in 2022. We will currently be awarding one scholarship per year. Scholarship awardees may only receive a scholarship once. You may not apply for the scholarship if you are currently on the scholarship committee. If you have already received a scholarship may not reapply.
Applications will be accepted beginning December 30, 2022.
The deadline for submission of the REFORMA Colorado Scholarship February 18, 2023.
The $1,000 scholarship can be used to help pay for costs incurred during the 2022/2023 academic school year: The award is announced and distributed by the end of 2023. It is granted for graduate study in the field of Library and Information Science.
$1,000 maximum per student per year. Before scholarship funds are disbursed, the recipient must be accepted to an accredited library school and provide proof of enrollment.
- Currently attend or have been accepted to an ALA-accredited institution. (PhD. or MLIS)
- Identify as Latino/a/x/, Hispanic, or Chicano/a, as well as be committed to working with the Latino community.
- Be a paid REFORMA Colorado member.
Applicants must show evidence of commitment to a career in librarianship and the potential for high academic standing. Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of and desire to serve Latino and Spanish speaking communities. The recipients must display character and leadership, which are essential for success both as a student and as a professional.
All application packets must include:
- Completed application form
- Current resume or CV
- Proof of enrollment sent directly from your school to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two letters of recommendation (excluding family members) sent directly to email@example.com.
- The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form. This will not be considered as part of your application.
- Any files that are uploaded will be shared outside of the organization they belong to
Award recipients will be notified prior to the awarding of the scholarship. The REFORMA Colorado Scholarship must be used within the academic year following notification of the award, and the recipient must be enrolled in an ALA-accredited library school program. Students who have been awarded a scholarship but do not use it during the year for which it was awarded, must return the award and are eligible to re-apply for the following year or later. Scholarship recipients will be expected to serve on the scholarship committee the following year.