MISSIONS AND GOALS
REFORMA is the national association to promote library and information services to Latinos and the Spanish speaking. The Colorado Chapter is one of twenty chapters around the country which supports the national organization’s mission, and works on matters of importance to Colorado’s Latino/Hispanic communities.
Our goals in support of this mission are:
- To promote development of Spanish-language and Latino/Hispanic oriented library collections.
- To support active recruitment of bilingual, bicultural library staff.
- To increase Latino/Hispanic awareness of available library services and collections.
- To advocate on behalf of the information needs of the Latino/Hispanic community.
- The Translation Committee provides English to Spanish translations free of charge for libraries, museums and other organizations that provide access to information, with a typical turn-around time of 2-3 days (depending on job size). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a translation.
- We put on a conference in the spring, dedicated to meeting the continuing education needs of Reformistas in our state.
- REFORMA members registered with the Colorado Chapter are also eligible for Small Grants.
REFORMA Colorado Officers and Committees
REFORMA Colorado 2018/19 Annual Report coming soon
REFORMA National website